Thank you for taking the time to register your schools and groups for this year's Discovery Days at Vancouver Island University! Our faculty have registered a number of interactive sessions that will showcase much of what Vancouver Island University has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you to our Nanaimo campus.
- Students will have access to the REGISTRATION site as of Tuesday, February 6th at 9am. Session registration for all schools will be open will open at the same time.
- Students will choose their school and enter their name and email address.
- Students select one session per time slot. Please note: There will be some sessions that span two or four blocks.
- Students submit their choices.
- A confirmation email will go to the email address provided at the time of registration, including an itinerary for the day and an option to print the itinerary.
Day of your schools attendance:
- Check-in will begin at 8:45am in the traffic loop off Fifth St. (5C entrance) and Student Ambassadors will be available to assist students in finding their way to their first session. Please arrive no later than 9:00am to ensure students event organizers have time to provide information to the students prior to getting off the and then to their first session on time.
- Students should have their schedules loaded on the mobile devices or printed before they arrive. A printable schedule is available below.
- Student Ambassadors will be on hand throughout the day to assist students moving session from one session to the next.
NOTE: If you require accommodation for timelines (e.g. have to leave early) please let me know as soon as possible so that I can ensure those offering sessions at that time are either aware of the disruption or so that I can make accommodations within the schedule.
For Grade 12 students attending the event, our Educational Advisors have put together a checklist that will help with meeting deadlines or completing your application while on campus during Discovery Days.
You can view the information here: Ready to Apply or Already Applied? - Ready to Participate
Session Times and Descriptions:
The first sessions all run from 9:30 - 10:30am (two running 9:30 - 11:30am). Students schedules will vary based on the sessions that they select. From 10:30am on-wards, sessions will be either 30 minutes or 1 hour. Final sessions will end at 1:30pm. Student will return to the traffic loop to board buses and depart back to schools.
Please click here to view sessions descriptions: Session Descriptions
Printable PDF Schedules (no descriptions) & Map: Discovery Days Schedule 2018 We suggest printing schedules for your students.
Student Affairs will be hosting an activity and information fair from 11am - 1pm available to all students. Encourage your students to ask questions and participate. There will be a grand prize available to be won!
Lunch will be served between 11:30am and 1pm in the Main Cafeteria (Building 300).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on my cell phone at 250.618.4894 or email me. I will return all phone calls and respond to all emails regarding Discovery Days as soon as I am available to.
Recruitment Officer | MARCOMM
Vancouver Island University
P: 250.740.6543 | C: 250.618.4894 | T:1.888.920.2221