We are now recruiting ROCKSTARS (Orientation Leaders) for Rock VIU: Welcome 2 Campus!
How would you choose to impact new students if you had one day? Rockstars (Orientation Leaders) are current VIU students and alumni who are knowledgeable about VIU and are positive role models for new students. Apply to be an Orientation Leader if you want to make it a great first day for new students!
Duties & Commitments:
- Actively participate in one mandatory training session - Sunday, Aug 28 12 pm - 2 pm OR Tuesday, August 30th 5pm - 7pm
- Help at Rock VIU: Welcome 2 Campus (W2C) on September 1 7:15am - 4pm (variable if necessary). Duties may include: set up/ take down, registration and leading student activities around campus.
- Assist new students with their successful transition to VIU and the community.
- Participate in welcome to campus & transition initiatives, including events.
- Encourage involvement of new students in all aspects of Campus Life.
- Enrolled at VIU for at least two academic terms or identify as Alumni.
- Possess strong English communication skills.
- Excited about sharing positive experiences at VIU with new students and their families.
- Aware of the responsibility of being a mentor and role model.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Receive valuable leadership skills and experiences to build your portfolio.
- Increase your network of friends and connections on campus.
- Rock a coveted Rock VIU T-shirt
- Make a difference on campus and in the lives of students.
For more information regarding the Rockstar (Orientation Leader) program, please contact Dakota Den Duyf by email Dakota.DenDuyf@viu.ca