Health and Wellness Centre
- The VIU Health & Wellness Centre is open Mon – Fri from 9am -3:30 pm in Building 200. Staffed by a nurse practitioner the Centre offers medical health care for VIU students. This website includes many useful links, from local clinics and hospitals to Crisis and Emergency information, Alcohol and Drug Awareness and Alternative Health Care information.
Counselling and Crisis
- For a professional, safe and confidential place for your student to turn to for personal counselling, see Counselling Services for Students.
- The Vancouver Island Crisis Line offers immediate counselling, 24/7 – call 1.888.494.3888
Maintaining Good Health
- To maintain good health, Campus Rec offers a weight room and squash court, open gymnasium times, scheduled fitness classes and a variety of health promotion events. Check out the Student Life Activity Guide for lots of options and watch for Wellness Wednesdays which highlight healthy activities each week.
- Check out the on-line student health resource, Student Health 101 that provides relevant information for university student health. Subscribe to get it delivered directly to your inbox. It is free for VIU students.
- Need a teeth cleaning while you're here? Check out the VIU dental clinic. Our students in both the dental assistant and dental hygiene programs can assist you in providing cost-effective dental care for your entire family.
Health and Dental Plan
- Information about the VIU Students' Union Health and Dental plan.
- Our Health and Safety Services respond quickly to all incidents and accidents on campus, providing first-aid, emergency help, including Security 24/7 and the Safe Walk Program – see this page for map of blue assistance phone locations on campus.