1. Know what services are available on campus that might help me out.
2. Write to me: send me emails and texts – even if I don’t get back to you right away.
3. Ask me questions, but I hope you’ll understand that I might not have all the answers.
4. Don’t forget to come visit me – every once and a while.
5. Water what you want to grow; learn with me.
6. Be there but don’t fight my battles for me.
7. Be prepared for me to change; this stuff is kind-of a big deal.
8. Money Matters: help me in learning how to manage my money.
9. Expect University Culture Shock – again, this stuff is kind of a big deal.
10. Encourage me to go talk to my professors; they all have office hours that are open specifically for me to
go see them.